It is common knowledge to everyone that diet and exercise are the major keys to getting rid of belly fat. If you think that you have been doing enough diet and exercise but your tummy is still far from flat, perhaps you should concentrate on working your abs first instead of losing weight,
1) The first among the few tips that can help you focus on your tummy and make it flat in no time. Do your best to minimize the amount of sugar in your diet. It contributes a lot to making the stomach big and bloated.
2) While it is impossible to totally eliminate sugar from everyone's diet, just try your best to eat the least amount of sugar possible. This is necessary if you are really determined to push through your plan of getting rid of belly fat.
3) Do you chew gum often? You might want to cut back on the amount of gum that goes inside your mouth! Chewing gum causes you to take in more air that, in return, will make the stomach bigger. Big stomachs prevent the abdominal muscles from getting exercise.
4) Add lots of fiber to your diet. Fiber is important to keep things moving inside your body, especially the food that you eat. Berries and beans have lots of fiber, although you can opt to take fiber supplements that are available in most health stores and pharmacies.
5) Drink cold water! It has no calories and will give your body the feeling of being full. Aside from that, water is a good cleanser and will rid your body of waste and impurities, allowing you to lose weight in your belly.
Here are some additional tips. These should complement the five super steps already mentioned above. Read on.
1) Cold water helps the body work. The body would want to warm itself up after cold water intake. Once your body starts working, it will burn fat in the process. It will help prevent constipation, which causes bloated stomachs.
2) Do barbell twists. To do this, stand up straight and hold the barbell in your hands. While you are in this position, twist your body from left to right. Do 50 twists everyday. If you do not have barbells, you can use two dumbbells or even an ordinary broom.
3) Remember; do not force yourself to lift up weights that you know you can not handle. Adjust the weight accordingly, depending on what suits you. Lifting more than what you can handle can strain the muscles that can cause pain and muscle tear.
4) Crunches are good exercises for the stomach. There are many ways to do crunches. Research for the different crunch exercises, from normal ones do decline or incline crunches. You can choose any routine as long as your stomach is getting exercise.
5) Getting rid of belly fat also requires discipline. Eat right and exercise regularly. All of these reminders and tips would be useless if you just eat food without mind your diet. Consult a health practitioner and find out the best diet program that is suitable for you.